I am available for training, team-building, and group facilitation with a focus on intercultural competency and social justice. I use the arts as a tool to explore the wisdom of the group and to help folks engage each other in dialogue. I specialize in nonprofit youth organizations, educational communities with spiritual ties, and religious groups.
Together we could…
- Develop a workshop for your organization’s young people that helps them to explore their own identities and shows them how to engage these values in action.
- Build on your mission to create interculturally responsive curriculum and group cohesiveness.
- Help your organization to develop more intercultural skills and reflection tools
- Create (and perform) original art that engages with local and global issues of injustice.
- Deepen the relationships between members of your community by creating a safe and fun environment to share their whole selves
- Support your community across times of institutional transition by engaging members around shared values.
My work in consensus building, and experience in institutional transition, help me to support groups that seek to re-envision themselves, commit themselves more deeply to their mission, or simply work together better. Using a methodology of inquiry and interactive approaches, I can help you activate and challenge your community for a single workshop, or help you create mission-based content that fits your long-term vision.
My approaches are influenced by study and collaboration with Michael Rohd of Sojourn Theater, Marc Weinblatt of Mandala Center for Change, Rosetta Lee of Seattle Girls School and the NAIS Diversity Leadership Institute, Tamara Lynne of TeatroCambio and Janet Bennett of the Intercultural Communication Institute.
Contact me to learn how we can collaborate together!